International Cooperation Framework for Next Generation Engineering Students is a three-year Erasmus+ Cooperation Partnership project that started in October 2022. The consortium include 6 partners from 3 European countries, Technical University of Cluj-Napoca is coordinating this EU project. Total project budget is 400000 €.
The NextGEng project main objective is to develop an international cooperation framework which promotes international team-teaching with the support of new learning materials for existing courses in the curricula. The new course materials integrate student-centered approaches which make use of experiential learning in close collaboration with real-life case studies developed with the industry partners.
The novel teaching models developed in the project are aligned with the European Education Area 2025 and are in accordance with labor market needs.
Project comprises three types of activities
- Experts in pedagogy and teacher training sustain the skill improvement of HEIs partners in new/innovative teaching methods.
- Upgrade a set of engineering courses, belonging to the HEI partners curricula, in close collaboration with companies’ partners.
- Type of projects where students learn by doing in an international and multidisciplinary environment.
Results and outcomes of the project
- Development of a pedagogical tailored training program for sustaining the skill improvement of HEIs partners through workshops and guidance material.
- Development of an international team-teaching pilot program for upgrading a number of six joint courses belonging to the HEI partners curricula.
- Implementation of six CEL projects where international teams of students are involved in solving a research or an industry topic in direct collaborations with HEI researchers and company experts.